Ugrading ArcoLinux or ArcoLinuxD boils down to 2 main actions
- copy/paste hidden content from /etc/skel to your home directory
- keep updating with pksyua
And sometimes we create a new package.
Install it with sudo pacman -S arcolinux-new-package
Always check whether it will installed in /etc/skel or not.
It is our vision to give you the means to install ANY desktop environment :
- ArcoLinuxD – with scripts, build upon ArcoLinuxD iso
- ArcoLinuxB – with an iso, build upon ArcoLinux iso (more info in June and July)
On the live dvd you can log out and log back in with the user login liveuser and the password empty and take a look at the desktops. In ArcoLinuxD that makes no sense. But in ArcoLinux you can check out openbox and i3.
Because of issues for some people with specific Nvidia graphical cards we do not install xf86-video-nouveau any more on the iso. The issue was that they could not log into Xfce any more. Openbox and i3 worked.
In the background we are creating a new way for you to build an ArcoLinux iso with ANY desktop environment. For this reason we have created separate calamares configurations that we can change at will for the many desktops we will visit.
We will get more into this in the month of June/July. More info at the bottom of this article.
We have made the following improvements
- bashrc was updated to include a local .bin folder